The term 'Design Society' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is DMEM, Strathclyde University, and Glasgow, Scotland. Our company registration number is 401016 and we are a charity registered in Scotland SC031694. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
By accessing this website the user agrees to acknowledge that it contains proprietary intellectual property and copyright information, the terms of which are set out below.
Whilst the Design Society takes every care to ensure that the information, documents and academic papers (together the 'Materials') provided on this site (the 'Website') are accurate and up-to-date, we emphasise that the Materials are provided on an 'as is', ‘as available’ basis and without warranty or guarantee of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory, or whether relating to title, the rights of third parties or otherwise.
The Design Society reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to add, revise or remove any Materials without notice.
The Materials are designed for general information and academic purposes only and the Design Society does not make any warranty as to whether the Materials offer appropriate guidance in relation to any particular set of facts. As such, professional advice should be sought where necessary and reliance on the Materials or the Website is at your own risk. The Design Society assumes no responsibility for information contained in the Website and disclaims all liability in respect of such information.
With specific regard to academic papers presented on the Design Society website – the Design Society takes care to ensure the integrity and quality of these papers and publications and the Information herein, however no responsibility is assumed by the Design Society nor the authors for any damage to property or persons as a result of operation or use of these publications or papers and /or the information contained herein.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Unless otherwise stated, The Design Society owns the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the conditions below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
- You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website which out express permission
- redistribute material from this website [except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution].
- use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or damage to the accessibility of the website.
- use the website for any illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Access to certain areas of this website is limited to Design Society members only. The Design Society provides members with a user ID and password to enable access to restricted areas of this website. This User ID and password are confidential and not transferable.
The Design Society reserves the right to disable your user ID and password should it deem it necessary to do so, without explanation.